Heart disease prevention and a healthy heart is discussed by Dallas Health Helpers.Heart disease is the number one killer in the United States. But 80% of heart disease is preventable. The power to have a healthy heart is in your hands.
Is being high a risk to heat disease? High cholesterol, high blood pressure and high weight are definitely conditions that contribute to poor heart health and a shortened lifespan. So let’s look at these unfavorable situations that can lead to an early death.
High cholesterol: leads to twice the risk of heart attack and heart disease or stroke. Cholesterol is a waxy substance in all our cells and in our blood. Hardening of the arteries occurs when plaque, made up of cholesterol, calcium and fat builds up in arteries surrounding the heart, leading to heart attack, heart failure or stroke. You are borderline high in total cholesterol if your count is above 200. you are considered high in total cholesterol if you are above 230.
Here are some statistics:
• One third of all adults have high cholesterol and half of them do nothing to control it.
• An estimated 71 million adults have high cholesterol.
• An estimated 935,000 heart attacks occur every year.
• An estimated 795,000 strokes occur each year.
• Men still outnumber women in heart attacks, but not by much. More women than man have strokes.
What can you do to lower cholesterol?
There is much that you can do to help control cholesterol.
- Lifestyle: Start by having your total cholesterol checked regularly. Eat a healthy diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables. Avoid packaged, fried, and fast food. Lose weight if you are not your ideal weight. Exercise and avoid smoking.
- Sterols: Plant sterols and stanols (2,000 mg/day) have been shown in multiple studies to help lower total cholesterol levels, coupled with the lifestyle changes above. They appear to work by blocking the absorption of cholesterol in the diet.
- Fiber: Multiple studies have shown the benefit of fiber on lowering cholesterol levels in high-risk subjects.
- Soy: Soy supplementation has been shown to help lower cholesterol. Soy contains isoflavones, which are believed to be soy’s main cholesterol-lowering ingredients.
Contact Dallas Health Helpers at “Tim At Dallas Health Helpers dot com” for more information and support.
Shaklee Distributor in Dallas, Dallas Health Helpers, talks about Laura’s journey into weight loss and how to get healthy.
Laura Evans is Senior Vice President of Sales and Field Development at Shaklee Corporation. She balances her life around everyone else in my life – children, husband, family, friends, job, staff, boss and customers. However as her career grew, so did she!! She knew that being overweight was not how she wanted to age gracefully and not what she wanted her kids to experience.
She realized she was not at a healthy weight, according to the medical data after taking look at the Body Mass Index chart. Deciding that she needed to make a change, she chose Shaklee 180 from Shaklee. She was tired of “yo-yo dieting;” she has lost and gained hundreds of pounds many times over. The preliminary clinical study with real people conducted with Shaklee 180 resulted primarily in fat loss and muscle retention. Muscle helps metabolism. The goal includes how to get healthy.
She set her goal to mirror what the clinical study participants had achieved: lose 15 lbs in 90 days. To her surprise, she lost weight AND her body shape changed from a “mom look” to athletic. She had never been in her life! Cinch changed her life for the better, for good! See Laura’s story here.
In a preliminary study of the Cinch Inch Loss Plan, participants on average lost 15.4 pounds in 12 weeks.
You, too, can change your life for the better. Shaklee Corporation produces a weight management system that works to build excellent health while losing weight. Click here to learn about The Shaklee 180 Inch Loss Plan and Click here to watch a video. Shaklee also offers a money back guarantee. Try it here.
Shaklee Distributor in Dallas, Dallas Health Helpers, talks about immune system health and weight loss.
Last week I mentioned the immune system and things that can be changed in our life styles that can help it to work better. Those are the following:
Healthy activity levels
I failed to mention a healthy weight. It seems that a healthy weight helps people to sleep better. This is a two step process so bear with me. Often we hear of overweight or obese individuals having trouble sleeping. Sleep apnea can wreak havoc on a good night of deep sleep. The immune system does some important work during the sleep state know as REM (Rapid Eye Movement). Besides benefiting the stress and fatigue mentioned above, a good night’s sleep gives the body time to recover. The immune system is included in this recovery and rebuilding process. There are certain hormones that kick into action during this state of deep sleep.
Without this function that is performed in the wee hours of the morning, your ability to defeat germs, bacteria, fungus and viruses is weakened and they may be able to take a foot hold and illness results.
So get your “40 winks”. When you find yourself not getting adequate rest and being sick often, your weight may be a factor.
Shaklee Corporation produces a weight management system that works to build excellent health while losing weight, thus building your immune system to a higher functioning level. Click here to learn about The Cinch Inch Loss Plan and Click here to watch a video. Shaklee also offers a money back guarantee. Try it here.
Shaklee Distributor in Dallas, Dallas Health Helpers, talks about how the people of Missouri love Shaklee!
I kid about that but after all, Missouri is the “Show Me State.” Intelligent, discerning people need proof of things, especially things that concern their health. Why would one NOT question what he or she is spending money on to better their health for today and in the future?
Shaklee Corporation has plenty of proof that its products work. It has plenty of proof that its products are safe. It also has proof that it is a green company.
- Shaklee has over 110 studies that have been published in peer-reviewed journals. This in and of itself is proof that Shaklee is serious about its products. Once a study is submitted to a peer-reviewed journal, it is forwarded to experts in the field (peers) who will go over the study with a “fine-toothed comb” to expose any flaws in procedure, errors in results and out and out lies. If the study passes those tests, the journal then publishes the study. This is not an easy gauntlet to get through, but Shaklee has done it over 110 times. Also, over 125 bronze, silver and gold medals from the Olympics attest to the fact that Shaklee products work.
- Shaklee products are safe. They do over 100,000 tests each year on our products to ensure safety. This includes tests on raw materials to the manufacturing process to the finished product. These include purity tests as well as ingredient percentage levels. The Olympic successes mentioned above also attest for the purity and safety of the products.
- Being the first ever Climate Neutral Certified company, Shaklee has always been and always will be a green company. They are very dedicated to preserving the Earth and our natural resources.
So if someone asks me about the proof of the benefits and safety of Shaklee products, I am ready for those people from the Show Me State. And anyone else for that matter!
Dallas Health Helpers, Shaklee Distributor in Dallas asks are your vitamin supplements safe?
In November, 2011, the FDA filed a permanent injunction against the manufacturer of vitamin supplements in Pennsylvania.
It seems the company had been in violation of the cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice.) The company had been sited with two warning letters in 2004, one for labeling and/or promoting a dietary supplement that contained androstenedione as an ingredient, and the second for dietary supplements that are labeled to contain materials that are sources of ephedrine alkaloids.
In 2006, US marshals seized the company’s Lipodrene dietary supplements said to contain ephedrine alkaloids. The company also failed to report serious, adverse events associated with their products. One individual who consumed their products reported high blood pressure spikes, hospitalization and a mild heart attack. Just because a product is well advertised and marketed does not mean it is safe.
Users of Shaklee products, the company I proudly represent, can rest assured that each and every one of our products goes through a thorough testing regimen before it goes to market availability. In fact, the average time span from idea to production for marketing is about 2 years for Shaklee products.
- Shaklee makes sure the product is safe and that it works. Period.
- Shaklee has never had a product removed from production because of safety issues.
- Shaklee runs over 100,000 tests each year to maintain the safety and efficacy of our products.
Can you find another dietary supplement company who does that? The next time you think to buy vitamin supplements, be certain you know that each and every ingredient in the product is safe and is delivered in safe amounts.
Dallas Health Helpers, Shaklee Distributor in Dallas is about being healthy without drugs or synthetics. Call 214 252 9596 or email us to learn more about vitality and health.