Shaklee Distributor in Dallas, Dallas Health Helpers, asks, ” Are you sleeping?” Sleep is very important for all of us. While we are getting rest, our bodies are repairing and rebuilding themselves to be able to function the next day. Here are some reasons why you will want to get the requisite 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night:
- Your productivity and creativity is increased. Sleeping 1 ½ hours less for one night can reduce daytime alertness by as much as 32%.
- Your immune system is enhanced. Extra protein molecules mend the body at the cellular level.
- Your heart health is improved. Adequate sleep decreases stress and inflammation that affect the heart.
- Good sleep improves your memory. During sleep the brain organizes and correlates memories.
- Sleep helps to control body weight. A hormone known as Leptin is increased. Leptin enhances that feeling of fullness after eating. It also decreases the urge for high carbohydrates and high-fat foods.
These seem like excellent reasons to me to plan ahead and get those 7 or 8 hours of sleep. If you are having trouble sleeping, take a look at your routine. Are you watching TV before bed? Are you exercising regularly? Are you eating too late in the evening? Plan your day so that you are ready to get to bed when it is time. Ease into the end of the evening-perhaps with a good book or a cup of warm chamomile tea. If after making plans and following through with them you are still unable to sleep, try an herbal formula that works gently and safely. This one, Gentle Sleep Complex, as well as all Shaklee products, is recommended by Dallas Health Helpers, Shaklee Distributor in Dallas.